Allot Service Gateway - Omega
Wireline and mobile broadband service providers rely on the Allot Service Gateway Omega to reduce costs and improve the performance of their broadband service networks. The Service Gateway approach combines Allot's powerful DPI engine with an array of services into a fully integrated, carrier-class platform.
Within the Service Gateway, the application and subscriber information for each traffic flow is identified by a single DPI process that can then dispatch the flow to an array of additional services and actions.
These actions include Quality of Service (QoS), reporting, monitoring and enabling of other applications such as filtering (including parental control), blocking security threats (Clean Line and Denial of Service prevention), and collecting records for real-time charging or offline usage-based charging. This approach greatly reduces the complexity and cost of new service deployment and increases operational efficiency in a number of ways:
- Enables the deployment of a single multi-purpose platform versus multiple, single purpose appliances
- Manages all services by the same policy control rules and the same management applications
- Reduces the number of packets handled by each application to a minimum through the single DPI process leveraged by all services in the platform
The Allot Service Gateway Omega Series also leverages Allot's powerful NetXplorer centralized management software and is fully integrated with the Allot Subscriber Management Platform.
- Up to 4 10GE interfaces
- Scales to 25Gbps throughput
- Granular traffic visibility (per application, subscriber, network topology)
- Dynamic policy control
- Fair use traffic management
- Service Provisioning
- Supports millions of subscribers
- Modular 14 slot chassis configuration (13U 19”)
- Open architecture with standard interfaces, protocols, APIs