Formed from the merger of Alcatel and Lucent Technologies, Alcatel-Lucent combines two entities that share a common lineage that can be traced back to 1986, when Alcatel's parent company, CGE (la Compagnie Générale d'Electricité), acquired ITT's European telecom business. Nearly 60 years earlier, ITT had purchased most of AT&T's manufacturing operations outside the United States. AT&T was Lucent's former parent company.
Innovation & Technology
Alcatel-Lucent today is one of the largest innovation powerhouses in the communications industry, representing an R&D investment of Euro 2.7 billion, and a portfolio of more than 25,000 active patents spanning virtually every technology area. At the core of this innovation is Alcatel-Lucent's Bell Labs, which brings together Lucent Technologies' Bell Labs and Alcatel's Research & Innovation organizations, providing Alcatel-Lucent with an innovation engine comprising researchers and scientists at the forefront of research into areas such as multimedia and convergent services and applications, new service delivery architectures and platforms, wireless and wireline, broadband access, packet and optical networking and transport, network security, enterprise networking and communication services and fundamental research in areas such as nanotechnology, algorithmic, and computer sciences.
Alcatel-Lucent provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, to deliver voice, data and video communication services to end-users. As a leader in fixed, mobile and converged broadband access, carrier and enterprise IP technologies, applications, and services, Alcatel-Lucent offers the end-to-end solutions that enable compelling communications services for people at home, at work and on the move.
With 77,000 employees and operations in more than 130 countries, Alcatel-Lucent is a local partner with global reach. The company has the most experienced global services team in the industry, and Bell Labs, one of the largest research, technology and innovation organizations focused on communications. Alcatel-Lucent achieved adjusted revenues of Euro 17.8 billion in 2007, and is incorporated in France, with executive offices located in Paris.
- Alcatel-Lucent 7450 Ethernet Service Switch »
- Alcatel-Lucent 7710 Service Router »
- Alcatel-Lucent 7750 Service Router »
- Alcatel-Lucent 5620 Service Aware Manager »
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniStack 6200 10/100 L2+ Stackable Ethernet Switches »
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6800 10/100/1000 L2/L3 Stackable Ethernet Switches »
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 6850 Gigabit Ethernet L3 fixed-configuration Stackable Ethernet Switches »
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniSwitch 9000 series product family (OS9600, OS9700 and OS9800 Modular Ethernet Chassis Systems) »
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniAccess WLAN Solutions »
- Alcatel-Lucent OmniVista 2500 and OmniVista 2700 Network Management System (NMS) »
- Alcatel-Lucent Security Management Server »